(Truth be told, this is as much for me as for all of you ~ and it’s swiped from a wonderful sales page(!) that Ariane Benefit sent out this morning. )
Happy New Year!
Every new year brings with it an opportunity for a fresh start. As you are reflecting, I hope you find yourself delighted by the progress you have made in your life in the past year.
My personal benchmark is to look for not only “what” I’ve accomplished, but also at “who” I’ve become.
Have I become
- a little wiser? more peaceful?
- a little more patient? more compassionate?
- a little kinder to myself and others?
- a little more accepting of my new normal as each year of aging affects my body?
I know I’ll never be perfect and in fact, I no longer even want to be! I’ve found that what I used to think of as my weaknesses (like not having a biological clock, or not following orders well) are actually what makes it possible for me to deeply connect with people and be forgiving and compassionate. They are actually my sources of strength. Each little struggle makes me that much stronger.
There is no healing for the holes in your soul like being able to see yourself as you are and liking what you see.In 2013, my deepest wish for you is to have lots of moments every day where you stop for a minute, pause the endless stream of what isn’t done yet, and just give yourself credit.
- Credit for all that you are putting up with.
- Credit for all that you are going through, and
- Credit for somehow still being a caring, giving, creative and generous person who is always ready to help someone in need.
My wishes for us all in 2013 ~
- May you feel the Love you are surrounded by with an open heart
- May you be Gentle with yourself and with others
- May you see the Beauty that is in the World with new eyes
- May you Grow in wonderful and unexpected ways
Bright Blessings, my dears!